Sails are one of the most sensitive components of a boat. Mechanical loads (manoeuvres, strong winds) and environmental influences (water, salt) are a major factor for all canvas, foils and laminates.
Sail & Kite coating is a two-component canvas coating based on the chemical nanotechnology. The optically neutral coating extends the life, increases the performance and simplifies the handling.
Sail & Kite coating is an effective shield against water, dirt and weather. The surface gets extremely slidable, reducing friction and facilitating handling of large fabric layers. Fast drying reduces the growth of mildew and mold formation.
Sail & Kite Coating thus significantly increases the life of the fabric.
- Improve the gliding behaviour (trimming, setting and recovery of sails, fock or spinnaker)
- Significant reduction of friction in the mast groove and profile guard
- Strong waterproofing effect, very high water and dirt repellency
- Up to 65% lighter sails through reduced water absorption
- Up to 65% faster drying time
- Reduction of mold and stain formation
- Optimizing the aerodynamic properties
- Increase the breaking load of sail cloths without increasing the fabric weight
- Improving the look by smoothing the sails
- Extremely high durability
- Resistant to cleaning chemicals
- Highly concentrated -> high yield
- Water-based -> solvent free -> free of biocides
- Non-combustible -> no hazardous material
- Easy application
Areas of application:
- Spinnaker, jib and mainsail, furling sails, kites etc...
- Waterproof coating for tarpaulin, tents, pavillions, sun sails or awnings
Component A/Component B
|50ml||40 / 10 ml||ca. 20 - 32 m²|
|125ml||100 /25 ml||ca. 50 - 80 m²|
|1250ml||1000 / 250 ml||ca. 500 - 800 m²|