World Sailing Persona Safety Training Course
Safety for you and your crew
The two day safety training is a certified "World Sailing Approved Offshore Personal Survival Training Course", designed for all sailors with the wish to increase personal safety levels, practice with safety equipment, learn to use a liferaft in an emergency situation and pick up lots of practical and theoretical safety know how. The aim is to significantly increase your and your crew´s safety on board.
The course is officially certified and approved by World Sailing. An official certificate will be issued upon request against a license fee of €10,- for the Austrian Sailing Federation.
The know how will not only help you but also your crew at every sailing trip and race!
- liferaft and lifejacket
- fire prevention and fire fighting
- use of fire extinguisher and fire blanket
- communication equipment on board (VHF; GMDSS)
- pyrotechnical distress signals on board
- PLB / SART /EPIRB´s
- care and maintenance of safety equipment
- storm sails
- fighting leaks
- damage prevention - control - assessment and emergency repairs
- crew and boat preparation for heavy weather
- boat handling
- drogue and sea anchor
- POB / MOB prevention - detection - retreival
- assistance in cases of emergency
- search and rescue
Schedule (possible changes without further notice)
Saturday, 9 a.m.: theoretical and practical (fire fighting) units until 6 p.m.
Sunday, 9 a.m.: pool, theory and pyrotechnics until approx. 6 p.m.
Price incl. handouts, room, entry fees:
295,- EUR incl. VAT
5% discount for MNA members
Early Registration Discount until T-100days: 15%
Family Package Discount:
For two full-paying adults, a child/adolescent from 12 years up to the age of 19 is free of charge. The second child/second adolescent pays only the half.
Owners Package Discount:
For boat owners with their crews (at least 3 people) we offer a discount of 15% per person.
Partner Package Discount:
If you register with your spouse, you will receive a 15% discount per person.
Discounts for Clubs on request.
Austrian Federation´s Certificate Fee: €10,- (optional)
Dates can be found in the column to the left or in our calender
Additional information for participants:
- Please bring foul weather gear, sailing jacket, boots, mid layer, towel for the pool session
- Personal safety equipment / lifejackets (spares for your lifejacket can be bought on site. We happily accept lifejackets for servicing). Training lifejackets can be hired, please book by Email here>>
- Please be aware that cloth can get dirty during the fire fighting drill! Jackets, pants, gloves and googles available on site.
World Sailing recommends a refresher course every 5 years!