WSVO Safety Training
Safety for you and your crew
This one day WSVO safety training is inspired by the two-day ISAF safety training and is mainly suited for charter sailors who want to learn the handling of life vests, life raft, distress signals and fire extinguishers. Like the two-day training it is an extensive practical and theoretical training regarding safety on board.
This knowledge helps you and your crew during every cruising trip and every race.
This course is approved and certified by the WSVO, the "Wassersport Schulvereinigung Österreichs" (Austrian water sports education association)
Contents of the theoretical and practical units:
- Life raft and life vests
- Fire prevention and fire fighting. Use of fire extinguishers and fire blanket
- Means of communication (short refresher of VHF and GMDSS). This does not replace the SRC course
- Pyrotechnics, distress signals and emergency position indicating radio beacons/EPIRB’s
- Care and maintainance of safety equipment, storm sails, leak sealing, damage control and repairs
- Heavy weather sailing, crew routines, boat handling, man over board - prevention and rescue, assistance in case of emergency, hypothermia
- Search and rescue - SAR practices and organisation
- Weather forecasts
Schedule (subject to change)
- Start: Saturday or Sunday 9 a.m., theoretical and practical untits until approx. 7 p.m. (subject to change due to specific local conditions)
Price incl. material, seminar room and entrance to the pool:
165,- EUR incl. VAT.
Dates:You find the dates in the left column or in our calendar.
Please bring the following equipment to the training:
- Foul weather gear, sailing jacket, boots, underwear, towel and toiletries for the practical applications in the water
- Personal life vest (automatic life vests of all brands can serviced by us after the training; rental vests are available for € 15,-)
- Good shoes and workwear for the fire exercise