The Segelwelt.at sail trainings are for many sailors the start into the new sailing season and the first test after a long winter break.
In Izola we train on J/24 (keelboat with spinnaker), Seascape 18 (planing keelboat with gennaker) and and TOD (33ft One Design keelboat with gennaker) boats.
Target groups: ambitious cruising sailors of all levels. Racing sailors beginners and advanced.
After a sailing day (optional) to become familiar with the boat we spend three intense training days on the water. The training days start with a briefing, followed by training sessions of about two to three hours.
We finish the day with a theory unit including photo and video analysis. Special topics will be discussed in working groups.
We recommend every participant to schedule with the optional sailing day to become familiar with the boat, specially after a long sailing break.
Contents of all trainings:
- Development of boat speed
- Sail trim at all courses and at (almost) all wind speeds
- Sailing games with the boats on the water
- Spinnaker sailing
Main focus on cruising sailors and racing beginners:
- Individual sailing performance
- Intense training on individual positions to improve boat handling and boat speed
- Ideal to improve the individual knowledge about trimming, steering and general sailing know how
- Starting, tacking, buoy manoeuvres, spinnaker sailing for everybody
Main focus on cruising sailors:
- Cooperation on board, manoeuvres, spinnaker manoeuvres
- Communication on board
- Development of boat speed in the team
- Sparring with boats, field tactics, starting
3 intense training days: 347,- EUR incl. VAT.
optional sailing day: 85,- EUR incl. VAT.
Discounts: second training: -10%, third and every extra training -15%, discount partneryachtclub: -15% (cumulative maximum discount -22%); discounts count for: all Segelwelt.at sail trainings, ISAF safety trainings
You find the dates for the next trainings in the left column or in our calendar in the section "sail training".