Compact battery monitor, just 124 x 62mm x 23mm!
Based on the highly successful BM-1 marine battery monitor, the BM-1 Compact is especially designed for applications where space is at a premium.
Caravans, mobile homes, RV’s, small boats and renewable power installations can all benefit from the BM-1 Compact. It is able to monitor the performance of any 12 Volt lead acid battery system with a capacity up to 600 AmpHours. The BM-1 Compact is supplied with a precision 100 Amp shunt and prefabricated cables to enable simple DIY installation.
The unit continually monitors the voltage, the current (charge or discharge) and calculates the state of charge together with the time remaining to charge or discharge the battery.
This information can lead to a more efficient use of the battery enhancing its life and reducing the risk of failure.
Operation is very simple. One screen displays the voltage, current (charge or discharge) and a bar graph showing the remaining capacity. A flashing alarm is also included to warn if the capacity is getting too low. A second screen shows the remaining time available at the current charge/discharge rate together with the remaining capacity in both analog and digital format.
The BM-1 Compact consumes a miserly 1.5mA!
BM-1 Compact is used in various vehicles by the Ministry of Defence.
- Supply voltage 8 – 16 Volts DC
- Supply current 1.5 milliamps
- Battery capacities 5 – 600 AMP Hour
- Load current 100 AMPS Maximum
- Charge current 100 AMPS Maximum
- Shunt Standard 50 millivolt @ 100 AMP
- Cables supplied:
- 100 AMP shunt link to M8 Ring terminal.
- 5 Metre from display unit to battery – fused and fitted with ring terminals for shunt, fuse holder and M8 ring terminal to battery.
Compact size 125 x 62 x 23mm