The new bluetooth Navtex is a dual frequency Navtex receiver that decodes and stores Navtex messages for viewing on an Android bluetooth enabled mobile phone or tablet. The unit is designed to be run continuously and have the stored messages downloaded as and when required by the user. An android app enables the user to search the stored messages or to program the device to display only wanted message types from selected stations.
The internal memory stores in excess of four hundred typical Navtex messages with new messages overwriting the oldest. The receiver can be supplied with a standard E-vector antenna or, for more challenging conditions, an H-vector antenna is also available. The H-vector antenna has a standard 14 tpi mount and is connected to the receiver using the seven metre cable provided. It can be either surface of rail mounted and there are several suitable, optional mounts available. A fused power cable is also supplied to connect the receiver to a permanent 12 volt power source.
The android app can be freely downloaded from the google play store, for Apple users there is an optional IOS app available by clicking here. Or go to the app store and search for ‘navtex’
- 518 and 490kHz message reception
- 12 volt supply with low 27mA current consumption
- Connects to H Vector or standard Series 2 antenna
- Supply voltage 10 to 16 volts DC
- Dimensions 135 x 100 x 30mm
- Antenna length 195mm (complete with 7 metre cable)
- Supplied with ative antenna, fused power cable and downloadable android app
- Compatible with Android phones and tablets