Mast Steps - Plastic
The Mast Step is a lightweight and corrosion free folding step for climbing masts or easier and safer sail stowing. manufactured from a special combination of nylon/glass fibre which, together with its special design, gives it a safe working load of 140kg.
The steps are UV stabilised and provide safe and secure footholds in many situations including: climbing or working on masts, getting in or out of large lockers or lazerettes, or climbing onto coach roofs or trailers. Each step weighs only 165grams and can be folded flat when not in use. Although the steps provide a secure foothold, it is strongly recommended to always use a harness with a safety line attached when climbing a mast. Supplied on retail card with full fitting instructions.
The optimum distance between the steps is 375mm. There should be two opposite one another approximately 1200mm from the mast top. No steps are required at the spreaders.
To calculate the approximate number of steps required, take the length of the mast in metres and multiply by 2.5.
- Glass Nylon injection moulding.
- Lightweight and UV resistant.
- Aerodynamic and snag free profile.
- No rattling in wind at anchor or mooring.
- Each step individually tested at factory.
- Available in White, Black and Grey
- Step dimensions (L x W x H): 120 x 28 x 25 mm
- Bracket dimensions (L x W x H): 106 x 68 x 30 mm
- Folded dimensions (L x W x H): 150 x 68 x 35
Although the steps provide a secure foothold, it is strongly recommended to use a harness with a safety line attached when climbing a mast.