Nauticast B2 AIS Class B Transponder
The Nauticast B2 is a fully certified class B AIS device designed for leisure-craft and all other non-Solas vessels.
Certification by established Notified Bodies in Europe as well as German BSH (Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie), US Coast Guard and FCC guarantee compliance with all relevant AIS and electrical standards to give the owner many years of trouble-free operation. Its attractive design with detachable mounting plate makes the Nauticast B2 the perfect companion for your safety at sea.
Every Nauticast B2 has to pass an acceptance test covering 37 individual test to guarantee that everything works perfectly. Vhf settings are optimized individually for every device to account for smallest production deviations. While the AIS standard for class A and class B demands reception of 80% of the messages at a signal level of -107dBm, the Nauticast B2 standard is 90% at -110dBm, which is only half the signal level.
Its NMEA and USB ports will integrate the Nauticast B2 easily into any marine network. See the following exhibit for a sample on connection options.
- 2W transmission power,
- Silent mode hardware or software controlled
- Class A like reception on two High Sensitivity Receivers
- RS232/RS422 interfaces (NMEA 0183) with either data cable p/n 300 1012 or optional data cable p/n 300 1004
- Tx protected for open and closed circuit load
- PCB specially coated to protect against humidity and other environmental influences
- USB interface for link to PC, Mac
- Link2AIS software for programming, monitoring, troubleshooting of the Nauticast B2. Link2AIS updates, Nauticast B2 firmware update and MMSI reset over the internet
- ExactTrax satellite option
- Device detachable from mounting plate
- 12-24 VDC power supply
- 3 year manufacturer warranty
Extent of delivery (Complete Box Set incl. antennas and cabel):
- Nauticast B2 device and mounting bracket
- GPS antenna with 5m antenna cable and mount
- VHF antenna with 5m antenna cable and mount
- power cable with open ends
- USB cable
- 1.5m data cable (p/n 300 1004) for NMEA 0183 connections (RS232, RS422, alarm out)
- Printed User Manual in English
- USB data card containing documentation and manuals in English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish and Polish.
- Link2AIS Software (for Windows) on USB data card. LinksAIS makes device configuration (for static data) and monitoring easy. It can be used to put the Nauticast B2 into silent mode and monitor marine traffic in list format and as chart overlay including collision warning. Integrated language support: English, German, French, Dutch.