(Re)discover the joys of asymmetric spinnakers
Discover the SPINEX, the new solution to furl and unfurl asymmetric spinnakers.
Thanks to the integration of the Sail Bearing Technology developped by Profurl, with a SPINEX system you will be able to operate easily and safely your asymmetric spinnaker.
ADVANTAGES TO USING SPINEX
SAIL BEARING TECHNOLOGY: EFFICIENT, RELIABLE FURLING
Problem: Because asymmetric spinnaker cloth is both light and fragile, the anti-twist cable has a tendency to damage it. Also, the cable spins faster than the sail during furling which means the latter sometimes jams.
Profurl solution: Sail Bearing Technology comprises high-density spheres that spin freely around the anti-twist cable in order to protect the sail from the cable. Sail Bearing Technology allows you to:
- keep the sail away from the cable
- stop reverse furling, which causes the sail to jam
- reduce wear of the sailcloth
- make furling easier and faster because it has a greater diameter than the cable on its own
A COMPLETE SYSTEM READY TO USE
- SPINEX comes with drum, swivel, cable, end fittings, tack swivel, etc.
- Except for the length of the cable, SPINEX is ready to fit and ready to use out of the box.
MULTI-PURPOSE and adaptable
- Remove the tack swivel and turn your SPINEX into a NEX ready to use with gennakers and code zeros.
- Profurl’s SPIN KIT fits on NEX furlers.
- Compatible with NEX technology, such as I-Connect, Safe System, etc.
- Improved safety when worked from the cockpit or short-handed.
- Requires little storage space.
- System compatible with all types of asymmetric spinnakers.
|Model||SPINEX 0.9||SPINEX 1.5||SPINEX 2.5||SPINEX 5.0|
||bis 9 m||bis 11 m||bis 14 m||bis 18 m|
||bis 50 m2||bis 80 m2||bis 130 m2||bis 250 m2|
|Working load max.||900 kg||1500 kg||2500 kg||5000 kg|
||100 mm||120 mm||150 mm||195 mm|
|Upper Terminal||Clevis pin snap shakle|
|Lower terminal||D shakle|
|∅ Anti-twist cable
||9,5 mm||9,5 mm||12,7 mm||12,7 mm|
|Cable lenght delivered as standard||14 m||17 m||20 m||25 m|
|Weight of cables and spheres/m||0,450 kg||0,450 kg||0,460 kg||0,460 kg|