New - Vesper Cortex V1
World’s First Marine VHF Radio with Touchscreen Handsets, Integrated SOTDMA smartAIS Transponder and Remote Vessel Monitoring
- A revolution in marine technology that will change your VHF experience forever.
- An intuitive touchscreen that is engineered for durability to withstand the rigours of the harsh marine environment.
- Audio that's as loud as a train but clear as a bell.
The future of VHF is here.
The power of VHF and AIS combined
- Cortex is the world's first VHF with high speed SOTDMA AIS transponder technology, making your boat visible to others.
- A built-in heading sensor tells other vessels your direction, helping them more accurately predict potential collisions.
- Be armed with critical information about vessels, AIS marks (AtoNs) and man overboard devices on your MFD, mobile or Cortex handset.
- Cortex continuously calculates crossing situations and generates collision alarms for critical action, alerts if your anchor is dragging and activates MOB alarms for immediate retrieval. Instead of ambiguous bells or tones, Cortex sounds the alarm with voiced alerts that escalate until acknowledged.
- Continuously view crossing situations, navigation light sectors and complete trial maneuvers while talking on the VHF radio. See critical information that is easy to understand and take action.
- Initiate direct calls (DSC) with other vessels by simply tapping the vessel on your handset touchscreen. Initiate private VHF calls to friends or quickly hail another vessel when every second counts.
Cortex combines built in sensors and NMEA2000 connectivity with free basic monitoring. Using cellular connectivity, you can view twice-daily updates of power, location, wind, depth, bilge, temperature and more on their smartphones. The Cortex Monitor Premium subscription unlocks real-time vessel status, instant alerts and device control for boat systems like refrigerators, icemakers, lights or heaters.
Sleep soundly or explore with abandon knowing that your boat is exactly where you anchored it. By combining your position and heading, Cortex will determine if your anchor drags. If your boat moves outside your anchor swingradius the alarm will sound on Cortex handsets and your smartphone. Receive alerts while ashore via the Cortex Monitor App on your smartphone. Want to know if water depth, wind speed or direction changes while anchored? No problem, Cortex will keep watch and alert you.